The Shanghai Museum East, now undergoing construction, is an integral part of Shanghai urban development plan and aims at projecting the charm of Chinese culture to the world by exhibiting the Museum’s world-class collection of ancient Chinese art. Accordingly, the Shanghai Museum is launching the Exhibition Concept Design Competition for the Shanghai Museum East, calling for global ideas on museum exhibition design.
Organizer: The Shanghai Museum
Project Name: Exhibition Concept Design Competition for the Shanghai Museum East
Design Area: 1F to 4F in the Shanghai Museum East
Stage One: Design exhibition concepts for 5 galleries
Stage Two: Optimize Stage One design proposals and design for another 4 galleries appointed by the Organizer
Form: Open Call (Competition)
1) Applicants should be legally registered firms. Application from individual person(s) will not be accepted.
2) Conditions of participation
· Applicants registered in Chinese Mainland should have enterprise registration certificates, the special Class A qualification for architectural decoration engineering design issued by the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development of the People’s Republic of China (MOHURD), and Class A qualification for museum exhibition design issued by the Chinese Museums Association.
· Applicants registered outside the Mainland (including Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan Region) should have business registration certificate issued by the local government.
· Applicants must have a track record of similar projects in the last ten years (since January 1, 2010). Similar projects include designing exhibitions for general/history/culture/art museum of more than 2,000 sqm.
· The Organizer has the right to reject applicants who are on the debt, tax and/or government procurement blacklist.
· Consortium applications are not accepted.
· Onsite registration (Address: Building No.14, 358 West Yan’an Road, Shanghai): 9:00 AM– 11:00 AM (UTC+8), 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM (UTC+8);
· Email registration (subject to the arrival time of the email): firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Deadline: May 6, 2020, 5:00 PM (UTC+8)
· License and Certificate
a) Business registered in mainland China: business license, certificate of qualification (scanned copy with signature of the legal representative/scanned copy with seal);
b) Business registered outside mainland China: business license issued by the local government (scanned copy with signature of the legal representative/scanned copy with seal).
· Contracts of similar projects in the last decade (scanned copy with signature of the legal representative/scanned copy with seal).
· Power of Attorney (original copy for onsite registration; scanned copy for email registration); the passport of the authorized representative (scanned copy with signature of the legal representative/scanned copy with seal; check of the original copy might be required).
· Registration form
· Legal Statement
4. Selection Process
1) Qualification check: The Organizer will review all applications. Only qualified applicants will receive confirmation.
2) Stage One: Applicants will submit exhibition concept designs for 5 galleries of the Shanghai Museum East. The Selection Panel appointed by the Shanghai Museum will select 7 teams to proceed to Stage Two.
3) Stage Two: The shortlisted 7 teams should optimize their Stage One plans and design for another 4 galleries appointed by the Organizer.
The shortlisted teams should improve their design plans according to the requirement(s) of the Organizer when they proceed to the Stage Two. Winner(s) of the award will be selected by the Selection Panel. A total amount of 3,000,000 RMB will be awarded:
· First Prize (1): 1,200,000 RMB (including taxes)
· Second Prize (2): 600,000 RMB (including taxes)
· Third Prize (4): 150,000 RMB (including taxes)
Please note: The Organizer reserves the right to select no first prize winner but 3 second prize winners in this competition.
The winning institutions will sign a contract of payment with the Organizer. The prizes will be paid in RMB.
6. Other Terms and Conditions
1) To ensure transparency and justice, the appraisal of this Competition will be carried out under the supervision of a third-party notary office.
2) The intellectual rights of all the submissions proceeded to Stage Two, except the right of authorship, will be possessed by the Shanghai Museum. The submissions will not be returned to participants.
3) All the documents, emails and files used in this Competition should be written in Chinese or in both Chinese and English. The Chinese version should prevail in the event of inconsistency.
4) The following costs should be covered by applicants:
a) Taxes incurred by prizes or design (including in China or abroad);
b) Expenses during the registration and submission period.
5) According to the requirement(s) of the Organizer, all applicants should sign the Legal Statement.
6) The winner of the first prize should improve the design plan in accordance with the requirement(s) from the Organizer. The details of improvement should be discussed between the Organizer and the winner.
7) Participation in this Competition is deemed recognition of all the terms and conditions in this notice. The Shanghai Museum has the power of interpretation for this Announcement.
8) The documents of, and related to this Competition should only be compliant to Chinese laws and rules.
Tel: +86 (021) 62791919*183/189
Mobile: +86 13918868661/13564066104